HELL & BACK
16th May 2020
Killruddery Estate, Bray, Co Wicklow
HELL & BACK : 24KM
Sat 16th May 2020
- This endurance event is only suitable for those with good to excellent levels of fitness
Limited to 250 places
- Start Time = 08:00 - you will be home in time for lunch!
It includes 2 x 12KM loops of the HELL & BACK course
- For Health & Safety reasons, you must complete Lap #1 within a specific time (2 hours 2 mins) - if you don't make it, you will not be allowed continue onto Lap #2. Other cut offs are 11:20 at Little Sugar Loaf and 13:00 for Lap #2 Finish.
- You will scale the Little Sugar Loaf 4 x times...the equivalent of Carrauntoohil, the highest mountain in Ireland at 1,038m
- There is no swimming on this course
Individual (1-3 Participants)
Teams (4+ Participants)
- Car Parking
- Exclusive Finisher's T-shirt
- Secure Valuable Drop
- Mandatory €6 Personal Accident Insurance Fee
Optional Extras (available on Registration Form):
- HELL & BACK Merchandise, including Vintage Finisher's T-shirts, Multi-Functional Scarf & Gloves
- Timing Chips are not available - this is a challenge, not a race!
For full details about this event,
Course Type: All-Terrain
This 24KM HELL & BACK is an endurance test unlike any other in Ireland. You must complete 2 x 12KM loops around our award-winning hellhole, where no two laps are the same as you negotiate different physical and mental challenges on each 12KM loop...these mini challenges will only be disclosed on the day but are guaranteed will get your adreneline pumping and heart racing so
BE VERY AFRAID
Course Distance: 24KM
Our longest and toughest ever course, which is suitable for HellRaisers with a
GOOD TO EXCELLENT LEVEL OF FITNESS
, there will be three strict cut-off points on the 24KM route that you must pass thru' to continue...if you do not make it to a cut-off point in time, you will be removed from the event.
As well as scaling the Little Sugar Loaf
, the equivalent of Carrauntoohil, Ireland's highest mountain, with an elevation of 1,100m above sea level, you will also be the first to test the hellish new obstacles we have built on for the 2020 course - Heartbreak Ridge, Extended Peg Pull, Climbing Wall & Human Pyramid.
# of Participants: Very Limited
Limited to just 250 places. Starting at 08:00 on Saturday 16th May (so you will be home in time for lunch!), we expect that about 25% of starters will not be able to finish - so this course is definitely
NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED
INFORMATION ON THIS EVENT
Where to Stay / What to Do
If you are planning on staying in the Bray area for a few days before or after your HELL & BACK adventure, then check out this page for tips on where to stay and what to do.
Weather permitting, complimentary parking will be available onsite in Killruddery Estate.
Start Time Checker
Find out all you need to know about your registration, including the time you are allowed into the venue, your Wave Start Time and T-Shirt Size, via our Start Time Checker.
Can't Take Part?
If you or a team mate cannot take part, you can transfer your ticket to someone to replace you via the
Manage My Booking
section of the HELL & BACK website.
You must sign in and collect your Wristband between 07:00 and 07:30 on Sat 16th May. Anyone arriving after this time may be removed from the event without refund so make sure you arrive in plenty of time!
16 & 17 Year Old Participants
For Health & Safety reasons, you must be 18 or older to take part in this event.
Personal Accident Cover
All participants have paid for Personal Accident Cover, which may include benefits in the event of you incurring an injury.
Risk of Infectious Diseases
Be fully aware of Infectious Diseases. If you experience any of the symptoms, contact your GP immediately.
You can collect up your exclusive Finishers Tshirt when you cross the finish line at the end of the 24KM. Unfortunately, if you do not complete the course, you will not get a tshirt!